Nuffnang

You are Brat's Visitor Number

Thursday, July 28, 2011

La Maison Maytower Gour-"may" Meal

Okay, I know it's so cheesy and corny and so un-catchy that it's not funny at all. But a brat needs to be what a brat is right? Trying out corny world play is just one of many fun in the brat's backyard. (Okay, I don't really have a backyard).

Anyways, the other day, more precisely, last Monday (25th July 2011) Brat was invited to a Ramadhan Buka Puasa Buffet food tasting at La Maison, Maytower Hotel and Serviced Residence. I had Nikel Khor - PaPago kaki to thank for forwarding my name to the organizers.


So my sister, Mimi and I went there with a hungry belly and was ready to EAT! -




ROUND 1


On my platter is Nasi Tomato, Ayam Masak Merah Bermadu, Udang Galah Panggang dengan Kuah Percik, Sayur Campur Jawa and Stir Fried Beef with Black Pepper and Bell Pepper.


On Mimi's platter is Nasi Tomato and Nasi Putih, Ayam Masak Merah Bermadu, Udang Galah Panggang dengan Kuah Percik and Ikan Siakap Masak Lemak Cili Padi.

The Verdict: I LOVED the main dishes, especially the ayam masak merah bermadu. Scrumptious. Mimi said the masak lemak cili padi was delicious too. The daging and prawn is ok. Another blogger, Rebecca said their kambing are all very good. Juicy, tender, and delicious. Since I don't eat goat, I'll accept her words as true.

Here's what some of it looks like on the display


Oh and we even took the liberty of trying out some healthy juices (since it's free).


Mine - Green Apple, Carrot and Orange


Mimi's - Green Apple, Cucumber and (err... I forgot)

The Verdict: It was drinkable. For mine, the taste of orange and apple makes you wonder where the carrot went. Mimi's was well, too cucumber-ish for me. Others might like it, but I really don't like the taste of cucumbers. So, no thanks for me. Both were a bit rough in sense of the texture, but if you love your juices to taste like fruits, go ahead and try this. No one could accuse the juices as being not-juicy.


ROUND 2

Next we tried the desserts and the traditional kueh~ We tried some of the cakes, the Cinamon Cream Caramel Pudding. For traditional kuih, we tried. Kuih Limas, Murtabak, Popiah and Otak-otak. Oh and of course, we wouldn't miss out on the all Malaysian Favorite Satay.




The Verdict: The Satay~~~ Excellent! is the only thing I could say. Well, it can't beat the all favorite Satay Kajang, but it's close. We love this to bits. According to May Lee (the one who invited us) their Satay had always been the fast seller. It had always been the dish that won't stay long on the counter.


The Verdict: We loved the desserts. The cakes and especially the Cinamon Cream Caramel Pudding was sooooo goood~~ One we would expect coming from top hotel chefs~ I would've gone for seconds if I was not already full and planning to try something else.



The Verdict: As for the Kuih~ I am sorry to say that the Chefs really need to go to stalls that sell the kuihs and BEG for the recipe. I've tasted some of the worst one sold by the side of the road, but the ones here are just pure evil. The Murtabak was too stiff, the popiah was stiff and the sauce is terrible, the limas kuih was tasteless and not sweet at all and the otak-otak is just wrong. This is the only part of the whole buffet which turns me off. Actually, this is not the problem in this hotel only. We find that somehow, hotel chefs tend to be terrible at making local traditional kuih~ I wonder why...

ROUND 3

We decided to try the other foods there.


Mimi tried the Ikan Bakar. Due to a friendly-waiter's suggestion, Mimi took the Ikan Terubuk. According to her, it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.


I tried the Penang Curry Mee. It was Good~ I'm not so much of a curry mee lover but I actually enjoyed this, even though my stomach was so full. And that is saying a lot.


We also tried the Rojak Buah. It was quite good. But we prefer the gravy to be much thicker, less sweet and more spice. But for those who can't stand spice, this one would be okay for you.

ROUND 4

okay, we didn't actually went for round 4 since we were soooo FULL. But there was more choices and more food to eat.



They have the ulams, kerabus, cincaluk, budu and all sorts of traditional malay food. I personally loved their Kerabu Sambal Udang dengan Epal Ijau. The mix of spicy Prawn Sambal and sour-ish of Green Apple was to die for!.



For those who prefer to eat bubur instead, try out their bubur range. They even have Bubur lambuk there. But be warned, a blogger friend said their bubur is just so-so. And I don't like their Bubur Lambuk. I am probably used to the taste that we make at our Uni.


For Salad lovers, they offer three different dressings. Thousand Island, French and Italian, pick your choose~~ You can't go wrong...




There are more food to choose, and try. With as low as RM75++ you can get all these and MUCH MUCH more.

WAIT. there's good news - IT IS 50% off for children and senior (age 55 and above). So u can bring your parents and children without worrying they don't eat much.


WAIT. I have better news. Since this is the first time I'm doing this, I am VERY EXCITED to announce that:
IF you guys BOOK THROUGH HERE, only through BRAT'S BLOG, you'll get a special 25% discount.



Now if that's not a deal, I don't know what is~

Wish to get in contact with them?  Here you go

Maytower Website: http://www.maytower.com.my

Does it worth your money?

Brat says : GET IT ON!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a super great deal. Can't believe you managed to eat so many rounds, if myself sure pengsan already :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I can't believe it myself!! Lols. No lah. I took small portion of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. U look really enjoy that.. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a matter of fact, I did. Thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

'Click'aty Clackaty Cloock. Click!!