I wonder why each year people are excited about another "new year". All I feel is "OLD".
For me, another new year means,
- I am another year OLDer
- I have to renew my OLD resolution which never or seldom accomplished
- I would be getting more engagement and wedding invitations from OLD friends
- I would have to rearrange my things and house and try to get rid of "OLD" things to give way to new things.
- Yet another year of memories that would soon also become an "OLD" memory
As you can see I missed wishing you all Happy New Year on the day itself. IT's because now,
- I am an OLD student who were given the responsibility to conduct and welcome new students.
So, except for the "new" year count up, everything else become old. Don't get me wrong, I am all up for new experience, new day, new friends, new activities but that is something I do EVERYDAY. I don't need a new year to do it all or to anticipate it all. If entering new year means all those things, then my everyday new day would be my new year
Though, I must say one thing I'm glad about new year day is that it is a Public Holiday.
Ignore my sarcasm,